Learn how to deal with mold toxicity. Use home remedies as first aid. Even a single spot of mold spore may lead to mold growth. Learn to detox mold poisoning. Mold allergies may lead to serious health issues and damage our immune system. Keep your surroundings clean and humid free. Prefer dry items for storage purpose.
Table of Contents
Unexpected Ways How To Detox Your Body From Mold Can Make Your Life Better
Have you ever thought how toxic mold in our body can ruin our health? As a human we keep ignoring our health issues. But the final impacts could be really dangerous. Research have sown that being exposed to mold is not mundane anymore.
Day-by-day this mold toxicity is increasing and widening its roots. Dr. Ann Shippy, M.D, Texas, says that it’s very difficult to identify mold at early stage as it’s very tiny. Mold growth is everywhere whether it’s the commercial area or the residential area mostly which we ignore or make it unseen. As we keep ignoring the water damage around us we are eventually ignoring the mold growth.
A study in 2012 showed that expose to mold can affect every age level be it adults or infants and may even cause asthma. Another dangerous substance is black mold which produces mycotoxins. What are exactly mycotoxins? It is a mold toxin belonging to fungus family which is mostly found in eatables like spices, cereals, apples, etc. It may cause serious health problems to our body.
Not only creates mold poisoning but also it includes memory loss, body aches, nose bleeding, etc. It depends upon how severe the condition is. The more severe it gets the more birth to health issues it gives.
It’s really very difficult to forecast the level of its severity because to its extent may lead to fever and breathing issues. Institute of Medicine(IOM) in the year 2009 in a report stated that the mold problem is linked to an immunologic condition called hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Mold poisoning is far way hazardous than we think it may lead to Lyme disease as well as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
It is an infection caused by a bacteria named Borrelia burgdorferi. As per researchers, United states witnesses diagnosis off around 300,000 cases of Lyme disease every year. It causes a rash, fatigue, fever, headache but it may reach to your nervous system if not treated on time.
This is a disorder where a person feels excess tiredness and fatigue. Myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) is another name for this syndrome. As there has not been much progress on this disorder there are no tests available, the only way doctors will identify with the level of fatigue the patient has. It is most common in women ageing between 40 to 50.
Moisture is the main reason behind production of mold. The areas in our houses or offices specially which are humid and damp thrives to mold growth. People with a lot of allergens should be more careful as mold exposure might lead to allergic reactions which may include, coughing, itchy eyes, sneezing, rashes, etc. The corner areas should be clean be it our homes or offices.
To deal with mold problem to stop mold growth following measures are available:
1) As moisture is foremost source of mold production so it should be controlled and it is advised to keep the humid level less than 60%.
2) Keep a check on the leakages whether its roof or walls. Unclog drainage on a regular basis.
3) Room or the surface should be dry for which a dehumidifier could be placed.
4) For the purpose of storage dry items are better options.
5) It’s very important to disinfect the room from time to time.
6) Walls are most prone to mold growth. There are many products available in the market for mold-cleaning. Not only mold grows at the surface but also it is found behind the walls for which professional inspection is a must. Also the wallpapers stuck to the walls may grow mold because the glue can catch moisture which eventually will grow mold.
How do we know symptoms of mold?
Mold could be indoors as well as outdoors. Outside molds are generally in the form of composite which breaks down the organisms which are not much dangerous. Indoor molds grows by outside spores which enter in our house being attached to anything like fabrics, shoes, wood, pets, etc. Inside molds are found mostly around the walls, windows, leaking pipes, showers.
Types of molds
There are various types of molds but it’s very difficult to differentiate without proper testing. Generally following mold grows in our home:
– Color: Green, white or gray
– Form: Powdery
– type: doesn’t require ventilation
– Found in: Fabrics, basements, attics.
-Color: green, brown or black
-found in: fabrics, wood, cooling and heating ducts.
– Color: yellow, blue or green
-Found in: mostly in water damage also in carpets or basements
What are the signs of mold growth?
It could also begin from just a spot. To know whether it’s just a stain or start of mold growth, look out for following signs:
– Smell it, a mold has an earthy smell.
– Whether there is any warping or peeling of walls.
– See whether the color around the spot has lightened.
Treatment of mold poisoning
One can go for following actions as a first aid to treat mold poisoning:
– rinsing your nose which will flush out nasal spores
– to reduce congestion, oral decongestants
– doctors may also suggest for immunotherapy which can be most effective
Another remedy, in trend, to treat mold spores is activated charcoal. It could be a burnt bamboo or a burnt coconut shell or wood and to make it char it should be burnt without oxygen. What makes activated charcoal a good remedy for mold poisoning is its natural ability to mix with toxins and chemicals and then detox it from our body.
Some home remedies are also there which suggests to detox your body from mold. Like fennel seeds or ginger gives a good bowel movement and helps in avoiding constipation, also these are very good for our immune system.
This article just provides basic guidance on how to deal with mold growth but an expert practitioner can suggest better measures.