Measuring the body for fitness is essential in today’s lifestyle. It gives you an overall figure of your body health and body fat percentage. Measurement of your body will provide you with a picture of your overall body, leading to making your body perfect and healthy. Of course, Measurement system of the body is compulsory in sport’s people, but it is also essential for an average person.
Simple (But Important) Things To Remember About How To Take Body Measurements For Fitness?
Areas of your body for fitness progress, the measurements are left and right Bicep (upper arms), left and right calf, forearm, neck, shoulder, chest, waist, hips, and left and right thigh. Body measurement for fitness you need the most important thing is measuring tape, a notebook for writing a record of fat and measurements taken of the body.
Here are some instructions before you measure your body for fitness:
1) Never measure your body after a workout but always measure before your workout process for easy to track your body.
2) Stand straight muscles should be relaxed, join feet together.
3) Use the same tap every time; pull the tape tightly while measuring.
4) Never measure over the clothing.
5) Take proper measurement of your overall body area and properly wrap the tape around the body.
6) If you want to measure alone, stand in front of the mirror, take the measurement properly, or have a partner, stand straight.
7) Always track your progress week by week in a journal or notebook.
8) Set a goal by noting the date.
Measurement of the Chest:
Start measuring from above the nipples, stand straight, measure in an exhaled state.
Measurement process of Calf muscle:
Stand straight, take the widest part of the calf for measurement.
Measurement process of biceps:
Stay relaxed with arms at the sides, with arms bent, and has to be flexed.
Measurement process of the forearm:
Measure the thickest point and should be below the elbow.
Measurement process of hips:
At the largest part, wrap the measuring tape around the butt.
Measurement process of the neck:
Stand straight, start measuring over Adam’s apple around the neck, which is the largest part.
Measurement process of shoulder:
Measuring the shoulder has two ways; get the most extensive parts on each shoulder measure as a straight line, just across the chest, or circumference measurement all around the body.
Measurement process of waist:
Measure the waist from the belly. You can also measure it from the middle position between the ribcage’s bottom direction to the hipbone’s upward movement.
Measurement of the thigh:
Stand straight, start measuring from the broadest part of the upper leg just below the butt.
Benefits of body measurement:
1) Tracking your body will help you know about your body fats, weight loss or gain, and explore your healthy fitness goals.
2) Helpful while losing weight or gain weight.
3) Tracking your fitness will help you to build muscle.
4) Prevent many diseases.
5) Improve health and wellness.
6) Improve both physical and mental health.
Measurement of your body is essential. It will help you to know about your weight gain, weight loss, body fats, and many more. In addition, strength training will eventually let your extra fat loss, and you know your body very well. To measure your body, you need to measure the waist, chest, hips, and mentioned above.
The best way to measure your body is to measure by a trainer and dietitian, who can train you in a better manner. Moreover, the simplest way to count your body fat is by calculating height and weight. BMI (Body Mass Index) also helps you to know your fitness. This measuring method will help your money instead of paying personal trainers as they cost very high for fitness.