Dry socket introduction:-
Whenever you remove the tooth for any reason, You have a blood clot generated at that place whose primary work is to protect the bone and nerves. This clot stays until you don’t get healed totally or till your mouth doesn’t become routine.
Sometimes a clot can move from its correct or fixed position. Now you will start feeling the intense pain. This phenomenon is nothing but a dry socket. Usually, the healing process of dry socket may take at least 72 hours.
What if you have a dry socket?
Suppose you have noticed the dry socket. Immediately rush to your doctor. In severe cases, doctors will recommend you the x-ray and then proceed further. If you have dry sockets dentist will prescribe you medications. Be sure to take the medicines on time.
Causes of dry socket
The dry socket’s primary reason is the tooth extraction, or it is dislodged from its original place. Sometimes it is also caused by incorrect tooth extraction, or you accidentally hit the victim area. Suppose while brushing your brush toches that area or by poking it.
Dry socket signs
1) Severe pain after oral surgery may indicate the dry socket.
2) If you see the half-blood clot on the extracted place.
3) If you are feeling the foul odor.
4) Pain from mouth to the head.
Dry socket prevention tips
Avoid smoking and tobacco products:-
Smoking and chewing tobacco may increase the risk of developing dry socket. Smoking can even dislodge the blood clot by faster breathing. Hence the people smoking has a higher risk than the people who don’t smoke.
Eat soft foods:-
Soft foods like mashed potatoes or yogurt are always recommended to become easy for you to chew.
Brush your teeth:-
Whenever you brush your teeth, don’t touch harshly at the extraction site, and be sure to use a soft toothbrush like a baby toothbrush.
Avoid junk food:-
Try to stay away from the beverages and junk food as they may hurt your blood clot.
Visit your dentist or oral surgeon to check if everything is going correctly.
Home remedies for dry socket
1) Use a soft toothbrush.
2) Try to drink at least five liters of water per day.
3) Focus on drinking liquid fluids.
4) Take Lukewarm water, add a little bit of salt to it, and then rinse. it recommends for two times in a day.
5) Don’t miss your medicines, Be sure to take is as the dentist recommends it
6) Maintain oral hygiene, as it may be suitable for the rest of the teeth also.
How to smoke after the tooth extraction without getting dry socket?
If you are the one who is addicted to cigarette smoke and still want to smoke after the tooth extraction, then here are some tips for you.
1) Try using a nicotine patch instead of smoking.
2) Wait for at least 48 hours after your tooth is removed.
3) Place something on the tooth removed while smoking. Hence the smoke won’t touch that area.
4) Nicotine gums are strictly prohibited as it may delay the healing process.
5) When you are smoking, Try to inhale slowly.
Summary of the post
Dry socket may be very painful in some cases for that, We have provided the information related to dry socket. Information about the precaution is also provided. Smoking during the dry socket may cause you a threat.
Hence if you still want to smoke, some instructions strictly need to be followed. Home remedies regarding dry sockets are also provided to ease your pain before contacting your dentist. Thanks, and stay connected :-).